NEW YORK, September 18, 2023 — Cristo Fernández, who starred as Dani Rojas in the AppleTV+ hit series “Ted Lasso”, is among the film directors, producers, agency creatives, and production company heads named to the jury for the global ONE Screen 2023 Short Film Festival, the premiere short film festival produced by The One Club for Creativity that celebrates and awards global filmmakers from both commercial advertising and film industries.
In addition to his acting career, Fernández also founded independent film production company Espectro MX Films in 2017.
The fast-growing global festival focuses on all forms and aspects of short films — narrative fiction, comedy, commercials, branded content, music videos, spec work, passion projects, animation, sound, movie poster design, title sequences and more — and has a mission to celebrate and award filmmakers from around the world working in both the film and ad industries, with no limitation and total artistic freedom, all on one screen.
Other confirmed ONE Screen 2023 jury members include:
- Gonzalo Arica, independent art director, Madrid
- Aisha Blackwell, head of production services, NEVEREST, Serviceplan Make, Munich
- Loren Bradley, executive producer, FINCH, Sydney
- Špela Čadež, director, producer, Ljubljana
- Neels Castillon, film director, artist, Motion Place, Paris
- Angelo Cerisara, director, London
- Carol Dunn, executive producer, Human Worldwide, Los Angeles
- Pejman Fakharian, independent filmmaker, creative director, Tehran
- Yann Goodfaith, animation filmmaker, Paris
- Mohammad Gorjestani, filmmaker, creative director, artist, Even/Odd, San Francisco
- Bianca Guimaraes, partner, ECD, Mischief, New York
- Michelle Higa Fox, founder, ECD, Slanted Studio; group creative director, BUCK, New York
- Rob Hughes, head of culture, Moxie Pictures, London
- Rodrigo Inada, director, London
- Erin Kawalerki, partner, CCO, Anger Butterfly, Toronto
- Ayappa KM, cofounder, director, Early Man Films, Mumbai
- Jeff Kwiatek, independent creative director, writer, Los Angeles
- Rafael Nântua, creative supervisor, FCB Lisboa
- Gaul Porat, independent director, New York
- Eva Povilauskaite, senior art director, DDB Voltage, Berlin
- Anke Röll, head of copy, Heimat\TBWA\, Berlin
- Adina Sales, cofounder, Ode to Joy, New York
- Ged Sia, film director, visual artist, founder, PetPunk, Vilnius
- Ricky Solano, senior copywriter, DAVID Madrid
- Guillermo Zapiola, graphic artist, art director, BUCK, New York
The global ONE Screen 2023 call for entries is still open for work released online or offline between January 1, 2022 and July 17, 2023. Final deadline for entry is October 16, 2023.
ONE Screen is part of The One Club for Creativity, the foremost global non-profit organization celebrating creative excellence in advertising and design, and has its pedigree in The One Show, the club’s leading global awards program for advertising and design.
The One Show was the first ad industry awards competition to recognize original branded content, creating the separate new category of Branded Entertainment in 2003 to accommodate the first work from BMW Films. The ONE Screen Short Film Festival was launched in 2011 to further honor creative excellence in film.
Please visit the ONE Screen entry site for more information, including categories and submission requirements.
The One Club for Creativity – home ofThe One Show,ADC Annual Awards, Art Directors Club of Europe (ADCE),ONE Asia Awards,Type Directors Club and competition, TDC Ascenders, Young Guns, Young Ones Student Awards, Next Creative Leaders, ONE Screen Short Film Festival, and more – is the world’s foremost non-profit organization whose mission is to support and celebrate the global creative community. Revenue generated from entries to its global awards shows goes back into the industry to fund programming under the organization’s four pillars: Education, Inclusion & Diversity, Gender Equality, and Creative Development.