TORONTO; September 21, 2022 – Nissan Canada has launched a fun, light-hearted new campaign that demonstrates the performance innovations of its vehicle line-up in an unexpected way. The campaign, which was designed to be a modular, retail-oriented iteration of Nissan’s new branded house approach, was created in collaboration with Nissan United, Juniper Park\TBWA’s integrated bespoke agency team for Nissan.
The campaign takes place in the “Institute of Thrillology”, a fictional research facility where Nissan researchers have “excitement down to a science”. Here, all Nissan vehicles and their technologies are put to the thrill test through cheeky and hyperbolized experiments. This includes assessing the correlation between “throttle input” and “adrenaline output” when accelerating in a Nissan Rogue, testing the “head-bobbing velocity” of the Nissan Kicks’ class-exclusive built-in headrest speakers, or examining the Nissan Sentra’s Around View Monitor system by parallel parking between two gigantic houses of cards. Introducing this research as “Thrillology”, Nissan presents a fresh and fun approach to showcasing innovations in its vehicle line-up.
“The Thrillology campaign ties really well with our new branded house approach of injecting excitement and thrill into everything we do. Our core focus was to ensure that we are able to demonstrate Nissan’s refreshed line-up while showcasing our best-in-class features,” says Ken Hearn, Director of Marketing, Nissan Canada.
Thrillology is another entirely Canadian campaign that addresses consumer’s perceptions and marks a shift in how Nissan Canada goes to market. It demonstrates that the brand will exceed expectations when it comes to features and technology, therefore positively impacting the overall driving and ownership experience.
“Most auto manufacturers provide similar features and functionality, making it difficult to stand out,” says Andrew Caie, Creative Director, Juniper Park\TBWA. “The Thrillology campaign allows us to promote Nissan’s vehicle innovations in an entirely new way, while also enabling us to communicate any vehicle, feature, or service coming from the brand. Thrillology is just getting started; as we push it throughout the customer journey, you’ll see it come to life at every touchpoint – from broadcast to social media through to dealerships.”
The national campaign launched earlier this month on TV and Social, with an experiential component at Drive Festival 2022 in Ontario produced by Pumped. It will launch on Digital and in-store on October 1st and will be in market for the next year. The campaign was directed by Ben + Dave and produced by Partners Films. Post-production was handled by Alter Ego, music and sound design by TA2, while strategy, creative, data analytics and media were handled by Juniper Park\TBWA’s Nissan United team.
You can view the video asset here.
- Ken Hearn – Director of Marketing
- Alannah David Clark – Senior Manager, Marketing
- Atif Khan – Regional Marketing Manager
- Michael Bowen – Marketing Communication Manager
- Nadine Gad – Public Relations and Media Director
- Roxane Barry – Marketing Communication Manager
- Shari Sutherland – Retail Marketing Specialist
Juniper Park\TBWA – Nissan United
- Adam Lang – Managing Director
- Bill Chamness – VP of Strategy
- Andrew Caie – Creative Director
- Anthony Ferraro – Account Director
- Ardit Hashimi – Art Director
- Phillip Hahn – Copywriter
- Emillie Cecillon – Account Supervisor
- Olivia Hannigan – Integrated Producer
- Sharon Langlotz – Senior Integrated Producer
- Clair Galea – Senior Integrated Producer
- Mark D’Amico – Senior Editor
- Vicky Harwood – Account Director
- Anne-Marie Lemay – Creative Lead
- Émilie Larocque – Copywriter
- Tanya Foulem – Account Supervisor
- Josée Fréchette – Electronic producer
Production: Partners Films
Directors: Ben + Dave
Experiential: Pumped Inc
Post-production: Alter Ego
Music and Sound Design: TA2