For the new Pink October global campaign, the brand icon herself takes a stand for prevention.
In support of Pink October, also known as Breast Cancer Awareness Month, Bitmama Reply worked with Chiquita to do something more: changing its brand icon for the first time in nearly 80 years to contribute to breast cancer prevention. The idea aligns well with the brand’s mission of helping everyone feel their best, thanks to the inherent qualities of the banana itself, a superfood part of any healthy diet.
In the new pose, Miss Chiquita transitions from her iconic posture to one symbolizing self-examination. This subtle graphic alteration represents the commitment necessary to turn prevention into a habit. As the campaign’s slogan suggests, “Small change, big difference.”
Miss Chiquita’s new pose is featured in a printed and social open letter dedicated to artists, illustrators, brand enthusiasts, other brand icons, and anyone interested in contributing to the fight against breast cancer.
But prevention can also be rooted in a healthy diet. That’s why Chiquita offers a series of recipes, created in collaboration with cancer research associations, featuring Chiquita bananas as the main ingredient. Their goal is to encourage a healthy lifestyle and good nutrition.
- Chief Creative Officer & Partner: Nicola Gotti
- Creative Director: Valeria Fuso e Fabio Montalbetti
- Senior Art Director: Marco Flaviani
- Senior Copywriter: Ferdinando Guadalupi
- Motion Designer: Shahin Khanide
- Head of Brand Experience: Julie Carpinelli
- Junior Strategist: Ettore Vivoli
- Social media strategist: Elena Loro
- Account manager: Fabio Colacino
- Responsabile Divisione Comunicazione: Ethiopia Abiye