- A new study reveals three in ten Brits (28%) are inspired to cook meals they’ve seen on Netflix shows and other TV and streaming services
- Just under a quarter (22%) add that watching other people cook on TV or in films encourages them to be more creative in the kitchen, yet one in five (20%) wish it was easier to recreate the meals they see
- When it comes to spicing it up, six in 10 (60%) Brits say dinner is the meal where they feel most inspired to try new things
- The Dinner Show hub was launched to celebrate Gousto’s new range inspired by the nation’s most-loved series including Game of Thrones, Bridgerton, Friends and Stranger Things, available to order now, from £2.99 a portion
September, London – Gousto, the UK’s best recipe box for choice*, is celebrating food in TV and Film with the launch of The Dinner Show hub and menu, set to bring drama to dinner time.
The world’s premier database of scene-stealing dishes – The Dinner Show hub – is the ultimate feast for the eyes of foodies everywhere. The database includes Gousto’s top 50 food scenes from our screens: from Big Kahuna Burgers in Pulp Fiction to the much-loved spaghetti scene in Lady and the Tramp. It includes timestamps and recipes so foodie fans can skip to the most delicious parts of their favourite TV shows and movies and recreate appetising meals from unforgettable shows. The hub spotlights recipes from the new Dinner Show range including recipes inspired by Game of Thrones, Bridgerton, FRIENDS and Stranger Things, plus many more.
The Dinner Show hub springs to life after a new study by Gousto reveals that nearly one in four (23%) Brits have been inspired to recreate food they’ve seen on screen for an exciting dinnertime, demonstrating the UK’s insatiable appetite for culinary inspiration through entertainment.
According to the study by Gousto, a third (33%) of Brits agree that TV shows and streaming services such as Netflix and Disney+ were one of the main sources of dinner inspiration. In fact, this increases to approximately 4 in 10 (37%) for 35-44-year-olds, who admit that they are more likely to cook a meal inspired by Netflix shows and other streaming services versus looking up a recipe in a traditional cookbook.
For those who enjoy being the star of the show, almost 3 in 10 (29%) Brits have tried to recreate Lady and the Tramp’s iconic spaghetti scene. Elsewhere, Gousto’s most popular food scenes are cited as being from Ratatouille, When Harry Met Sally, FRIENDS, Sex and the City and Stranger Things.
40% of Brits say that entertainment and enjoyment come out on top as the primary reasons they want to recreate food from a TV show or movie. What’s more, six out of 10 (60%) Brits said dinner is the meal they feel most inspired to spice up.
To add more sizzle to the excitement, Gousto’s ambassador, comedian, on-screen star and a Duchess in her own right, Katherine Ryan has officially joined the chat by recreating favourite mouthwatering moments from Lady and the Tramp and Bridgerton, taking the art of entertainment-inspired cooking to new heights. She adds: “You know I’m a huge fan of TV and films, I even have my own show! The Dinner Show hub and range could not come at a better time when I’m in need of recipe inspiration. It’s all about reliving those unforgettable moments and creating something truly special in my own kitchen. As a huge fan of both TV and food I can’t wait for people to explore the joy of entertainment-inspired cuisine at dinnertime, with a little help from Gousto.”
Jordan Moore, Senior Food Development Manager at Gousto, said: “With the Blockbuster range, we’ve brought the drama of these fantastic food scenes straight to our customers’ dinner tables, recreating classic dining experiences. We’ve stayed true to the choice and big flavour that we’re famous for. We know our customers love to try new things – it’s why we have 250 recipes on our menu every month – and we hope our customers are inspired by our latest innovation which brings inspiration to food and TV fans everywhere.”
More about The Dinner Show range:
Gousto invites foodies and entertainment lovers to embark on a culinary adventure that will leave taste buds tingling. ‘The Dinner Show’ menu is set to bring drama to dinner time. Tune into exclusive recipes, cult classics and a taste of TV’s most iconic dinners. Check out the recipes inspired by adventure, where your taste buds will go on the trip of a lifetime, prepare to say ‘I do’ to indulgence, with the dishes inspired by romance and be served up crowd pleasers with the family inspired recipes. Action is covered too with quick wins that will have everyone battling for the last bite, then finally enter the flavour hall of fame with Gousto’s biggest blockbusters of all time. This range is available for order now at Gousto with delivery until 6th October.
Highlights from The Dinner Show range include:
- Upside Down Umami Burger (Inspired by Stranger Things): Dive into the Upside Down for an 11/10 grilled cheese burger. You’ll pack your patty with marmite and relish then sandwich it between toasted brioche, melty cheese and miso caramelised onion. Serve with fries and salad then dig in.
- Roast Duck and Duchess Potato Banquet (Inspired by Bridgerton): One certainly wouldn’t want to miss this, this banquet is the talk of the ton. With juicy roast duck legs, confit shallots and fluffy Duchess potatoes, this feast is fit for royalty.
- New Yorker Meatball Marinara Sub & Fries (Inspired by Friends): No need to ask ‘how you doing?’ after this cause you’ll be doing great. You’ll pack a soft sub roll with juicy pork and beef meatballs, marinara and melted mozzarella then serve with fries. Now that’s what dreams are made of.
- Venison, Pork & Red Wine Pie With Roast Parsnips (Inspired by Game of Thrones): Winter is coming and this is the perfect autumn warmer. Tender venison and pork in a rich red wine sauce, topped with pastry and cooked to golden perfection. Serve with caramelised roast parsnips and enjoy.
- Plus a selection of Gousto’s best-performing recipes of all time: roll out the red carpet, these dinners deserve a standing ovation.
Fans can join The Dinner Show community and become part of a nationwide celebration of food and entertainment by using #TheDinnerShow or heading to gousto.co.uk/blog/thedinnershow
Gousto is the UK’s best value recipe box**, with over 250 scene-stealing recipes to discover on the menu every month, from just £2.99 per meal***. All recipes are tried and tested by expert chefs, made with fresh, quality and responsibly sourced ingredients. Head to Gousto to find out more.