- His full name is José Pedro Balmaceda Pascal.
- Born in Santiago, Chile, on April 2, 1975, he is 48 years old.
He left his native Chile with his family because his parents were in opposition to the military dictatorship of Augusto Pinochet. His father, a doctor expert in reproductive medicine, helped a wounded priest, hid him for a few days and cured him. Then the military captured him and in the midst of torture, he told who helped him. They went after Pedro’s father at the hospital where he worked, they told him that they were looking for him and he fled with his family. They had to escape and go into exile, Pedro left the country when he was only 9 months old. His family requested asylum in the Venezuelan embassy, then they traveled to Denmark and lived there for a while and later they went to the United States where the family settled down.
- Naturalized U.S. citizen.
- His mother is Veronica Pascal (deceased), a child psychologist, and his father is Jose Balmaceda, a fertility doctor.
- He is the second of four children, he has a brother and two sisters, Lux Pascal is also an actress.
- He lived in San Antonio, Texas and in Orange County, California.
- He was a constant victim of bullying at school because he was very thin. He was teased for being Latino, his skin color, his hair, he felt that he was pushed aside and excluded, he always looked for refuge in reading, it was his hobby.
- His parents took him 3 times a week to the cinema, he believes that this motivated him to get involved early in acting, art, and particularly in film.
- At the age of 11 he practiced competitive swimming, he even participated in state championships in Texas, his parents encouraged him to practice the sport regularly so that his body would have more volume, he remembers his father telling him that he should train more.
- From a very young age he was interested in art, his mother decided to take him out of school where he suffered a lot of bullying, she took him to another school focused mainly on art. Thus he shared his time between his hobby and his vocation for acting, he always remembers his mother for this transcendental decision that changed his life.
- His father was a fertility doctor who did very well in the United States, together with another doctor of the same specialty founded a very successful clinic, one of the best in fertility. They were accused of using the eggs of other women, they had problems, the father was prosecuted and they had to return to Chile. His two brothers also returned, the oldest and youngest along with their parents. In the midst of this scandal, Pedro’s mother decided to take her own life when he was only 24 years old. “My mother was the love of my life, I think about her every day, as I don’t pray, I can’t say I have a practice to have her around but I live for her even though she is gone, that gives my life a meaning” he said about his mother.
- At the age of 18 he moved to New York in 1993.
- It’s been almost two decades since Pedro tried to make a niche for himself in the film industry without success, he accepted all kinds of jobs and was even a go-go boy in nightclubs in Madrid in 1996.
- He began to carry his mother’s last name in memory of her, also because he felt that Americans found it difficult to pronounce his last name Balmaceda, he felt that the best option would be to be called Pedro Pascal. The internet is full of videos where he smiles and tells how he is called, the different pronunciations of his name Pedro, and all the fans know that he loves to be called “Pedrito”.
“¡Ay me encanta cuando me dicen Pedrito!”— comfort pedro (@ppascalcomfort) May 17, 2022
– Pedro Pascal💗 pic.twitter.com/8ORLGEjAGc
- Pedro is a theater, television, film, and voice actor and theater director.
- He studied drama at Orange County High School of the Arts and New York University’s Tisch School of the Arts.
- When Pascal was in high school, he got a contract with an agent. He was excited but soon became frustrated because he had many auditions and didn’t get any roles.
- When he finished school, he worked as a waiter to cover all his expenses, he says that many times he was fired.
19. In 1999, he played Gregor New in Good vs Evil. He participated in 3 episodes of Undressed and he made a small appearance in Buffy, the Vampire Slayer. He tells an anecdote with Sarah Michelle Gellar that they stayed recording until very late, she was very kind and shared some ice cream with him.
|2001||Obtained the role of a goth boy in Earth vs The Spider.|
|2005||He got the role of Steve in the movie Sisters.|
|2011||He was part of the movies: The Adjustment Bureau, Burn Notice: The Fall Of Same Axe.|
|2013||He appeared in the third season of Homeland; in June of the same year he got the role to play Oberyn Martell, the “Red Viper” in the fourth season of the HBO series, in Game of Thrones.|
|2014||He participated in The Mentalist in 6 episodes, he gave life to the character Marcus Pike; he participated in 7 episodes in Game of Thrones.|
|2015||He was Max in Bloodsucking Bastards. He played Javier Peña in Narcos and was part of the main cast from 2015 – 2017.|
|2016||He got the role of Pedro Tovar in The Great Wall.|
|2017||He was Whiskey in Kingsman: The Golden Circle.|
|2018||He obtained 3 participations: The Equalizer 2, If Beale Street Could Talk and Prospect.|
|2019||He earned a role in the movie Triple Frontier, where he played an aviator, Francisco “Catfish” Morales. In this year he also obtained one of his most relevant roles, The Mandalorian, he was nominated for a Critics’ Choice Super Award for his role in the science fiction series.|
|2020||He participated in Wonder Woman 1984; and in We can Be Heroes. He participated in the miniseries Home Movie: The Princess Bride as Iñigo Montoya.|
|2021||On July 12, he began filming The Last Of Us in Canada playing Joel Miller, leading role. For each chapter he received $600,000; they recorded 9 chapters. He was asked by the production not to play the video game, he says he tried but could not pass so he stopped.|
|2022||He finished filming The Last Of Us in June.|
|He participated in two movies: The Unbearable Weight of Massive Talent with Nicolas Cage; and The Bubble.|
|This year he also participated in The Book of Boba Fett in his role as a Mandalorian in 3 episodes.|
|2023||Strange Way of Life premieres May 26.|
|2024||Drive Away Dolls is expected to premiere on February 23.|
21. He has participated in two music videos, 2015 Sia, Fire Meet Gasoline; and 2020 Artists for We Are One, Imagine (Quarantine Edition).
22. He has also collaborated in video games with his voice as the character of Paolo in Dishonored 2.
Pedro was a guest for the second season of HouseBroken, he lends his voice for the character of Claude, a hairless cat, scary and charming at the same time that develops feelings for Tabitha.
I tried to summarize his trajectory, he has many more supporting roles while developing his career, no doubt the road was not easy but he highlights his resilience; despite all the personal difficulties he remained focused with the intention to take off in the world of cinema.
23. Pedro Pascal has 4 tattoos.
It is a letter “V” located on his right wrist. His mother was Veronica Pascal. It is a tribute, a reminder of her and her favorable influence on him.
Tattoo on his hand
There is no certainty about this tattoo, it is speculated that it could be a reminder to stay focused on his goals.
The elephant tattoo on his left thigh symbolizes his siblings. The tattoo has 3 elephants representing his 3 brothers and it is his favorite animal. Maybe that’s one of the reasons why he secretly took a trip to Thailand, his favorite movie is Dumbo.
It’s a flower with one petal missing, it represents the bond he has with his older sister, she has the same tattoo.
BRANDS THAT WORK WITH PASCAL
24. Zegna brand is the Italian brand that dresses Pascal in special occasions.
Casillero del Diablo campaign with the concept “The Wine Legend Dinner Party” tells the modern legend that is Pascal and the legend of Casillero del Diablo.
Pedro Pascal wears 4 brands of watches: Maison, Santos de Cartier, El Santos, Super Combat B2.
Actually, Pedro is at the peak of his career so all brands want to be part of this stage.
Last May 10, the popular game Merge Mansion premiered its innovative advertising campaign with the participation of Pedro Pascal. The campaign takes place in an escape room environment, Pascal plays the investigator of the game.
25. All Hollywood saluted him on his birthday.
26. In Hollywood, they say he put on his shoulders the responsibility of representing two streaming platforms like HBO and DISNEY and in both he was successful.
27. His co-workers say he is very close.
28. He has never been known to have a formal partner.
29. He always attends events with his older sister, she is his confidant, he clung to her as his mother’s replacement. Javiera Balmaceda (he uses the paternal surname) is the Director of local original productions for Latin America for Amazon Studios and Prime Video.
30. His younger sister is trans, Lux Pascal lives in Chile, she is also an actress. Pedro says his dream is to make a movie starring his sister Lux, direct it himself and shoot it in Chile.
31. His net worth is 10 million dollars.
32. For the industry, Pascal is chameleonic because of his ability to change, he is very versatile and that attracts the attention of directors who look forward to work with him.
33. Pedro tells how he won his role in the successful HBO series, Games Of Thrones: he was 39 years old when he was teaching at the University of California. One of his students approached him and told him that he wanted to audition for the role, he told him that they were looking for people for the role of Oberyn Martell. Pedro went to his house, took his cell phone, recorded himself and sent the video to audition and, they ended up hiring him. Pedro used his contacts and that’s how he got the role, his imprint on the character transcended and his charisma also catapulted his career.
34. The character that managed to touch the hearts of the audience was undoubtedly the Mandalorian, despite the fact that his face is not visible and his mobility is limited by his armor. it is interesting to see how he can communicate and connect with the audience, transmits, excites and convinces in the bonding with Grogu (a puppet). Thanks to his acting ability, he has earned the recognition of fans and fellow actors. Many recognize that he does an excellent job in his voice change that is much more with the diaphragm, more serious.
35. When he was offered the role in The Mandalorian series, Peter was working on another project and it helped him a lot that the character was wearing a mask because it allowed him to conclude his previous commitment and he could be replaced by extras at the beginning of filming.
36. The two platforms, HBO and Disney, have as a badge the same actor who led them to success because no one is left in doubt about the excellent performance in the two projects, and they add that it is not very common to happen in the industry.
37. His performance in The Last of Us is very heartfelt and was well received by the audience, it conveys paternalism, protection, is very emotional and his role moves people’s hearts.
38. In an interview, Pascal said he would like to portray a superhero with Marvel or DC, he would love a character that is dark.
39. The industry recognizes that it has been a long time since a film figure was so loved by all audiences, of all backgrounds and ages.
40. Pedro Pascal’s emotional red carpet confession to Bella Ramsey about his anxiety.
41. In an interview, Pedro said that he deactivated his Twitter account. The reporter asked him if he would reactivate it again and he said that for the moment he is not considering it, he added that he has his Instagram account but clarified that he is not very active in this social network either.
42. On Instagram Pedro posted about his support to the LGBT community, he has always been an ally, he has given his unconditional support to his sister Lux, who is openly trans.
43. This is the evolution of Pedro Pascal’s image. If you want, you can tell me in the comments you which is your favorite picture.
44. Pedro’s voice actors are: in The Last Of Us, in his character of Joel Miller, it was the Argentinian Adrián Wowczuk.
In The Mandalorian and the Boba Fett book, his character of Din Djarin was Oscar Flores from Mexico.
In Game Of Thrones, Oberyn Martell, José Gilberto Vilchis from Mexico.
45. This is the list of Pedro Pascal’s audience demand in the world.
46. What Pedro Pascal is most searched for on the internet:
a. What is his nationality?
b. What is his real name?
c. What does Pedro Pascal look like?
d. When did he learn to speak English?
e. Pedro Pascal as Mario Bros
f. Pedro Pascal as Joel
g. How did he get to Hollywood, how did he become famous?
h. Does Pedro Pascal have children?
i. When did Pedro Pascal leave Chile?
j. What is Pedro Pascal de Allende?
k. Pedro Pascal with Nicolas Cage
l. Pedro Pascal with a mustache
m. Pedro Pascal with Baby Yoda
n. Pedro Pascal with his sister
o. Pedro Pascal with whom does he date?
p. Pedro Pascal with Colplay
q. Pedro Pascal with whip
r. Pedro Pascal partner, age
s. Pedro Pascal in Game of Thrones
t. Pedro has won an Oscar award?
u. Pedro Pascal and Diego Luna
v. Pedro Pascal and Sarah Paulson
w. Pedro Pascal and Bella Ramsey
x. Pedro Pascal and Oscar Isaac
y. Pedro Pascal physicist
z. Pedro Pascal dancing
47. The most searched hashtags related to Pedro Pascal
Posts on Instagram by hashtag
|2023||MTV Movie & TV Awards for Best On Screen Duo||The Last Of Us||Joel Miller|
|2023||MTV Movie & TV Awards for Best Hero||The Last Of Us||Joel Miller|
|2023||MTV Movie & TV Awards for Best Series||The Last Of Us||Joel Miller|
|2023||Primetime Emmy Awards||The Last Of Us, Joel Miller|
|2023||Primetime Emmy Awards||Saturday Night Live|
|2023||Primetime Emmy Awards||Patagonia: Life on the Edge of the World|
49. NEW PROJECTS
Pascal is the first confirmed signing for Weapons, a horror drama written and directed by Zach Cregger.
He will reprise his work with HBO on the My Dentist’s Murder Trial series of a murder based on true events.
Gladiator 2 is another Pedro Pascal project, Paramount Pictures has a release date of November 22, 2024.
Undoubtedly, Pedro Pascal is the actor of the moment. His agenda includes many proposals, these are at least the ones that are confirmed, in his statements he makes clear that, he takes advantage of all proposals, but wants to focus on acting in movies.
50. THE INTERNET “DADDY”
“¡Ay me encanta cuando me dicen Pedrito!”— comfort pedro (@ppascalcomfort) May 17, 2022
– Pedro Pascal💗 pic.twitter.com/8ORLGEjAGc
“But how can all this happen, what happens to people who like an old man like me, what has happened culturally, how can all this happen. Let them focus on Harry Styles, what’s wrong with them. Explain it to me” (laughs), he said in an interview to Sensacine in Spain.
This was the video that went viral and ignited even more the social networks with his statements. Until now, he says that intimately, he always daydreamed and hoped that it could happen but he never saw it as a reality, sometimes he openly states that he still can’t believe it and is surprised by the attention he has received for the interpretation of his characters.
Single, childless, he conquers hearts with his personality, his charisma, his wide smile and his people skills. He has not been involved in any kind of scandal in Hollywood, he has very good taste and style, these are undoubtedly some of the attributes that capture the attention of his fans and the cameras.
He says that his life has not really changed much, he tries to follow his routine as always, he is seen relaxed going to the gym, buying a coffee, drinking a healthy green juice after his workout, many have found him running through the streets with total naturalness, he says that everything continues as before, the only thing that may have changed is that he is asked for selfies and he loves it.
When he is reminded that he is the “internet Daddy”, “the internet boyfriend” he is surprised, makes jokes, and takes it in a very relaxed way. Considered a “sex symbol” he unleashes passions, he has adopted it with pride, in interviews he is always asked what his fans say in social networks if he is the DADDY, until he ends up accepting it and says “I’m your daddy”.
Pedro’s fans have paid attention to even the smallest detail of his life, they admire him because there is a lot of content of him exercising, they say that the internet is full of pictures where he is always seen with his cell phone in his hand and a drink, that he is always hydrating himself and he answers that it is a compliment that makes him happy to know that they think so, because it is a healthy habit.
We will have to wait for award nominations, new projects of who is today one of the most searched public figures on the internet, who generates thousands of searches on Google, who also seem to love the algorithms. If you have doubts, I invite you to give a Like, make a comment or share a publication of Pedro Pascal in any social network and you will see how the algorithms will present you with an infinite number of related publications. And finally, I write this as a fan, I would love to see Pedro Pascal win his first Oscar.