Jane Lin-Baden, the CEO of Publicis Groupe for the Asia-Pacific region, has been chosen to represent the Asia-Pacific region on the jury of the Dan Wieden Titanium Lions at the 70th Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity.
Lin-Baden will join a panel of ten globally renowned advertising executives who will oversee the Titanium category for this year’s festival.
Last year, the Cannes Lions renamed the Titanium Lions as the Dan Wieden Titanium Lions as a tribute to advertising icon Dan Wieden. Wieden played a crucial role in creating an award that recognized groundbreaking work that pushed boundaries. Twenty years later, the award’s purpose remains the same: to celebrate innovative and inspiring work that challenges the status quo.
“It’s a great honor to be a judge for the Dan Wieden Titanium Lions. I’m excited to discover ideas that have the potential to make our industry pause and reconsider everything we know. Above all, I hope that this year’s Titanium shortlist will reflect the energy, innovation, and optimism emerging in our own APAC region. I can’t wait to see who will rise to the top,” said Lin-Baden.
As the CEO of Publicis Groupe in the APAC region, Lin-Baden leads a team of 15,000 people and 20 agency brands. She joined Publicis Groupe in 2018 and was appointed as the head of Publicis Groupe North Asia the following year. In September of last year, she took on the additional responsibilities of South Asia, Australia, New Zealand, and Southeast Asia as the APAC CEO.
With 22 years of industry experience, Lin-Baden has been recognized as one of China’s Top 50 Business Innovators by CBN Weekly, Women to Watch by AdAge USA, and Fastest Growing Company CEO of the Year by the China 4A Association. She holds an MBA from the Wharton Business School at the University of Pennsylvania and an MA in History of Contemporary Arts from Goldsmith, University of London. Lin-Baden is a Fellow of the sixth class of the China Fellowship Program and a member of the Aspen Global Leadership Network.
The 2023 Dan Wieden Titanium Lions jury includes:
- Jury President – David Droga, CEO & Creative Chairman, Accenture Song, Global
- Jane Lin-Baden, CEO APAC, Publicis Groupe, APAC
- Marcel Marcondes, CMO, AB InBev, Global
- Kate Rouch, CMO, Coinbase, Global
- Piyush Pandey, Chairman of Global Creative & Executive Chairman, India, Ogilvy, Global
- Susan Credle, Global Chair & Global Chief Creative Officer, FCB, Global
- Susan Hoffman, Chief Creative Officer, Wieden + Kennedy, USA
- Ukonwa Ojo, CEO, Zaia Ventures, USA
- Vicki Maguire, Chief Creative Officer, Havas London, UK
- Yang Yeo, Creative Officer, Hakuhodo International, APAC
The 70th Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity runs from 19th – 23rd June, 2023.
Discussion about this post