Red Cross France & Ogilvy Paris Launch the NOT GENERATED BY AI Pro bono Campaign.
When humanitarian Association, Red Cross, is on the frontline, daily, and, far too often, witnessing disturbing and shocking events of human suffering BUT whose very photographs of these events are being over-shadowed by seemingly as shocking and disturbing fake images generated by Artificial Intelligence, it was time to break through the proliferation of propaganda that’s senselessly monopolizing the public’s attention.
In recent weeks, we’ve been caught up in the storm of AI generated fake imagery that’s taken to the internet and gone viral in disbelief as it passes the feeds of millions, cementing doubt and discontent. The Red Cross of France decided to act to remind us that while our attention is caught up in fake news, there are real images of emergency situations capturing what the volunteers of the Red Cross endure every day. It’s on these real images, where our attention is better used.
The pro-bono campaign conceived by Ogilvy Paris, NOT GENERATED BY AI, calls attention to these real images of the Red Cross taken from the field that could just as easily been mistaken for a fake, generated by AI. To make the prompts realistic as much as possible, Ogilvy Paris leveraged the latest Midjourney feature, Describe, that can write prompts of real images.
Sadly, however, these disturbing visuals by the Red Cross are real. Depicting true humanitarian, emergency events.
The pro-bono campaign will be launched in two waves starting April 22 on social networks, in magazines, and out-of-home, thanks to the support of JCDecaux, d’Exterion Media, Essence Mediacom and magazine titles such as Society or l’Épatant.
PUBLICIS ITALY / LE PUB
• Global CEO Le Pub, Global CCO Publicis Worldwide, CCO Publicis Groupe Italy: Bruno Bertelli
• Chief Creative Officer: Cristiana Boccassini
• Chief Creative Officer: Mihnea Gheorghiu
• Creative Director: Luca Boncompagni
• Creative Director: Diego Tardani
• Creative Director: Alessandro Padalino
• Senior Art Director: Giulia Trimarchi
• Senior Copywriter: Gian Marco Panichelli
• Head of Client Service: Giada Salerno
• Group Account Director: Luigi Palma
• Head of TV Production: Francesca Zazzera
• Producer: Erica Lora Lamia
• Head of Strategy: Bela Ziemann
• Strategist: Martina Rinciari
• Director: Tommaso Bianchi
• Director of Photography: Matteo Terzaghi
• Production Coordinator: Gianluca Stabile
• Editor: Tommaso Bianchi
• Colorist: Angelo Francavilla
• Music Supervision: Richard Aardenburg
• Music Production: Marco Cucco
• Music Creative Direction: Michiel Marsman
• Event General Manager: Simone Tomaello
• Event Expert Manager: Michele De Cello
• Event Producer: Marco Gandolfi
• Event Professional: Eleonora Malorgio
• Event Professional: Sara Ragogna
PRIME VIDEO EU
• Marketing Director: Helen Cowley
• Senior Creative Director: Michele Picci
• Head of Marketing, Live Sport: James Thexton
• Senior Marketing Manager: Himesh Dusara
• Senior Social Marketing Manager: Harry Hesp
• Social Marketing Manager: Roberto Avesani – Prime Video IT
• Head of PR: Arnold Bennett
• PR Manager: Giulia Madron – Prime Video IT
Discussion about this post