UK Advertising’s Adspend Review: The Pandemic Effect
The Advertising Association/WARC Expenditure Report is the most trusted source of UK adspend data. This latest report includes the definitive full year 2021 adspend figures and comprehensive advertising forecasts for the next two years, helping agencies, analysts, media owners and advertisers with budgeting, forecasting and risk analysis.
The latest report findings show that:
- Total UK adspend rose by 34.3% to £31.9bn in 2021, an absolute increase of £8.2bn from the previous year and £2.3bn ahead of forecast
- Total growth was driven primarily by internet spend, which rose by 40.5% – or £6.8bn – to a total of £23.5bn
- Despite gains in 2021, newsbrands, magazine brands, out of home (OOH), cinema and direct mail all finished the year below pre-pandemic levels
- Entertainment and leisure brands were, combined, the largest spenders in 2021
- The UK’s ad market is expected to grow by a further 10.7% in 2022, an upgrade of 2.2 percentage points since our January forecast. A further rise, of 5.4%, is forecast for 2023, by when the market would be worth £37bn
The full executive report and access to the data is available by subscription only, however you can submit your details to read a sample of the WARC executive summary and UK Advertising’s Adspend Review: The Pandemic Effect report.
About the AA/WARC adspend data
The Advertising Association/WARC quarterly Expenditure Report is the most trusted source of adspend data. It is a must-have for planning, budgeting, client presentations, strategy or investment advice. You can buy your annual subscription here.